This section provides the results of public opinion surveys regarding the development of Marcellus gas. Included are the results of available surveys conducted by the IEER and its partners, as well as by outside organizations. The surveys will be presented by topic, geographic area, and date conducted.
Assessments of the survey findings and opportunities for new survey studies will be included.
From the Institute for Public Policy and Economic Development:
- Pennsylvania Perceptions About Marcellus Shale (February 2011)
- Pennsylvania Residents’ Perceptions of Natural Gas Development in the Marcellus Shale Survey Respondents’ Characteristics, Community Perceptions, and Involvement (June 2011)
From Other Sources:
- Citizens Voice, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- "PA Residents Favor Gas Tax, Poll Shows" (September 1, 2011)
- Link to December 2010 poll results on hydrofracking awareness by the Civil Society Institute