- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- May 12, 2011 Letter from EPA Region III Administrator to the Secretary of the PA Department of Environmental Protection on Marcellus Shale wastewater
- Drinking Water Treatment: Radionuclides
- A Regulator's Guide to the Management of Radioactive Residuals from Drinking Water Treatment Technologies [includes review of methods used to remove radionuclides from drinking water]
Articles from Newspapers
- Citizen's Voice (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- July 8, 2011 article, "EPA Releases Marcellus Drillers' Wastewater Plans"
- April 25, 2011 article "Fate of Wastewater Plant Comes Down to Bottom Line" on the Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authority continuing to study a plan to treat wastewater from hydrofracking
- March 16, 2011 article on the Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authority Board of Directors retaining a company to plan a hydrofracking water treatment plant
- March 27, 2011 article "A Case for Treatment" on the Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authority studying a proposal for a frackwater treating plant
- April 9, 2011 article, "State May Limit Drilling Byproduct from Being Spread on Farms"
- Times Leader(Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- "Some Treatment Facilities Will Stop Receiving Shale Wastewater" (April 19, 2011)
Information from Other Sources
- Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association: January 2010 testimony before the PA Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee on Municipal Authorities' Perspective on Marcellus Shale Natural Gas Wastewater Treatment
- Marcellus Hydrofracture Flowback and Production Wastewater Treatment, Recycle and Disposal Technologies. A paper presented by Timothy Keister, CWT, ProChemTech International Inc., at the January 29, 2010 conference The Science of Marcellus Shale held at Lycoming College.
- World Oil magazine