Impacts to Municipalities
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Susquehanna County: A 2009 technical report, Sustainable Development and Design of Marcellus Shale Play in Susquehanna, PA
Universities and Colleges
- Penn State Cooperative Extension:
- "Understanding Natural Gas Pipeline Infrastructure and Impacts" by Dave Messersmith (May, 2011)
- PA Commonwealth Court Upholds Fayette County Zoning Ordinance on Oil and Natural Gas (August 2010)
- Marcellus Shale: What Local Government Officials Need to Know
- Planning for Marcellus Shale Impacts and Developments: Northern Tier Natural Gas Summit
- Pennsylvania State University, Northeast Center for Regional Development
- Energy Boomtowns and Natural Gas: Implications for Marcellus Shale Local Governments and Rural Communities. ( NERCRD Paper # 43, January, 2009)
- Times-Leader (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- May 11, 2011 article, "Natural Gas Pipeline Mulled in Dallas Township"
- March 16, 2011 article: Dallas Township Supervisors Consider Ordinance to Regulate Natural Gas in the Township
- March 16, 2011 article: Harveys Lake Borough Council Rejects Anti-Drilling Ordinance
- April 6. 2011 article "Dallas Township Proposals Address Gas, Oil"
- April 7, 2011 article "Planned Back Mountain Pipeline, Metering Station Explained"
- Citizens' Voice (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- February 13, 2012 article, "NEPA Counties to Raise Millions or Nothing With Impact Fee"
- January 2, 2012 article, "Benton Township Monitoring of Gas Well Called the Right Thing to Do"
- November 15, 2011 article, "Municipal Offcials Oppose Loss of Local Drilling Rules"
- September 1, 2011 article, "Dallas Township Residents Unnerved as Work Begins on Pipeline"
- August 10, 2011 article, "Dallas Township Approves Williams Pipeline Project"
- July 6, 2011 article, "Dallas Township, Williams Energy 'very close to finalizing deal'''
- June 15, 2011 article, "Dallas Township Working With Williams on Pipeline Plans"
- May 25, 2011 article, "Wyoming County Creates Environmental Liason for Gas Drilling Issues"
- May 11, 2011 article, "Williams Outlines Pipeline Project" discusses planning and zoning issues relative to a planned natural gas pipeline in the Back Mountain area of Luzerne County and running to Wyoming County
- May 8, 2011 article, "Impact Fee Proposal Addresses Zoning" provides information on a state senator's proposed legislation to institute a drilling impact fee on Marcellus Shale gas wells to be administered by the state public utility commission with revenue limited to townships and municipalities with actual drilling sites
- May 4, 2011 article, "Dallas Township Supervisors Vote Down Gas Ordinance"
- April 26, 2011 article, "Lehman Twp Officials Working on Drilling Ordinance" highlights a local township board of supervisors working to develop a zoning ordinance applicable to natural gas development
- April 25, 2011 article, "Fate of Wastewater Plant Comes Down to Bottom Line" on the Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authoritty studying the development of a proposed frackwater treatment plant in Hanover Township where residents have expressed concerns about roadway and environmental impacts from such a plant
- April 11, 2011 article, "Back Mountain Municipalitites Update Zoning Ordinances"
- March 16, 2011 article on the Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authority Board of directors selecting a company to plan a natural gas fracking water treatment facility
- March 24. 2011 "Corbett Willing to Discuss Natural Gas Drilling Fee"
- March 27, 2011 "A Case for Treatment" on the Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authority studying a proposal to build a frackwater treatment plan and resulting municipal impacts in Hanover Township and elsewhere
- April 5, 2011 "Dallas Township Zoners Grill Chief Representative" on a zoning hearing for a gas metering station
- April 6, 2011 "Dallas Township Mulls Drilling Amendment" on the township supervisors voting on an ordinance affecting gas and oil drilling in the township
- April 7, 2011 "Williams Officials Outline New Pipeline Project" on a new pipeline in the Back Mountain
- Times-Tribune (Scranton, PA)
- August 4, 2011 article, "Throop Meeting Focused on Shale Waste Concerns"
- June 24, 2011 article, "Shale Waste Prompts Keystone Landfill to Increase Capacity, Raising Community Concerns"
- May 20, 2011 article, "Benton Township Holds Second Hearing on Proposed Gas Well"
- March 31, 2011 article "Newton Township Citizens Split Over Proposed Gas Drilling Ban"
- Marcellus Shale Coalition:
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors (PSATS)