Current Institute Publications
- Marcellus Gas: Taking Advantage of a Teachable Moment (Journal of the Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators, Winter 2012) by Dr. Kenneth Klemow, IEER Institute Associate Director
- Science and Energy Policy: Leave the Cherries Alone (Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment): (1 April 2012) by Dr. Kenneth Klemow, IEER Associate Director
Commentaries and Reviews:
- Commentary on Osborn, et al (2011) article "Methane Contamination of Drinking Water Accompanying Gas Well Drilling and Hydraulic Fracturing." (26 October 2011) by Kenneth M. Klemow, Ph.D., Dale A. Bruns, Ph.D. and Brian Oram, P.G.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Associated With Marcellus Shale [Version 3]. (9 December 2011) by Kenneth Klemow, Ph.D. and Ned Fetcher. Ph.D.
- Potential of Radioactivity as a Result of Marcellus Shale Gas Activity . (12 September 2012 ) by Courtney Sperger, Kirstin Cook, and Kenneth M. Klemow, Ph.D.
- Science as an Inkblot Test. (14 June 2011) by Dr. Kenneth Klemow, IEER Institute Associate Director
- When Scientists Disagree. (24 July 2012) by Dr. Kenneth Klemow, IEER Institute Associate Director
- Sandy’s Energy Lessons . (6 November 2012 ) by Dr. Kenneth Klemow, IEER Institute Associate Director
- Marcellus Shale producing natural gas wells as of June 2011
- Marcellus Shale producing natural gas wells as of December 2011
- Overview of the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research
- What is Marcellus Shale?
- What is Hydrofracking?
- Institute Policy Brief On Govenor's Marcellus Proposals (14 October 2011): Prepared by Teri Ooms, Director, Institute for Public Policy & Economic Development and Dr. Kenneth Klemow, IEER Associate Director.
- Evolution of HB 1950 and SB 1100 – Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale Impact Fee – and Assessment of HB 1950 (Act 13) (19 March 2012). Prepared by Teri Ooms, Executive Director Institute for Public Policy & Economic Development, Sherry Tracewski, Research & Policy Analyst, Danielle Congdon, Intern Research Associate, and Dr. Kenneth Klemow, IEER Associate Director.
- Development and Utilization of the Institute Website and Internet Social Media: Annual Report for Calendar Year 2011 (17 January 2012) by David Allen Hines, MPA and Courtney Lynn Sperger